Friday, June 29, 2012

Ready

Yesterday morning we were able to get ALL the supplies we needed. I forgot my safety glasses and turns out they had that as well!
When we got back we set up the Dental chair. Then the Dental unit. The power was not enough to get it started. We talked to Gadgil and Charlyn the missionaries that live here and we set out to find a generator. With a couple of bumps in the road we found one and will pick it up on our way in. Our first day today will consist of fillings for the missionaries.


Today we were able to do fillings on Charlyn and also Sweet a nurse who helps with the medical clinics at Charlyn's house 3 days a week.  The dental unit works with the generator but in the middle we had to go and find another one.  We will finally have it down by tomorrow hopefully.

The first part of the morning we will continue to do fillings and then in the afternoon we will Mark and Kelly will do extractions on the Badjao tribe in the morning while I start the cleanings on the missionaries. I still haven't tried out my powered scaler but if all else fails I do have my manual scalers.

We are able to ride in the back of Gadgil's truck. Kel and Jake Jake.

Caleb the newest addition!

Our new dental chair it's made out of plastic but it looks like card board.

Kel, Charlyn and I having Gatorade in a bottle. YUM..

We are off for a relaxing dinner and Kel and I got to run this morning and take a nice swim. So thankful that we were able to fit it in. Here are a couple of pictures thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment